Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Possible Interviewee and question





It is all about LOST

Four of my coworkers really like the show, watch it religiously and never get tired of talking about it. Two others watch the show when ever they can and do not mind participating in the conversation as long us others started the conversation about the show. One other coworker watched the show many times and says little, but if he was asked about part and places of the show he seems to know it more than all the others combined. For my interview I have chosen the one coworker who watched the show many times and seems to follow the narration of the show closely. Here are some possible questions I am piling up.

  • How is your channel surfing habit?
  • Do you jump from channel to channel, show to show or finish a particular show?
  • What kind of shows you like to watch and why?
  • What popular culture theme you can point in the show?
  • Do you watch Lost regularly?
  • What is that you like about the show Lost?
  • Is there something you hate or do not like about the show?
  • Do you watch this show with your wife or alone?
  • If with your wife does she like the show as much as you do?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think its great that you are able to use people you work with. You can ask questions through your normal day to day conversations. You can avoid the awkward moments found in formal interviews. One of my bosses is a huge Lost fan. Today, he commented on how he got his wife updated on all the Lost episodes up to the current show on their trip to Philly last week. Then he continued to tell me how he forced his wife to watch the show this week with him. He is so in love with the show that he wants his wife to be also. (I think if he could force our whole office to watch it...he would. He loves discussing the show.) He said that while he was watching Lost last night, he kept peeking out of the side at her to see if she was as intent on the show as he was. I think it is interesting how we can become consumed by a television show. Good luck on your interviews. I look forward to reading about it.

Eraline Sabino said...

This should be an interesting topic for the semester project. Personally, I started to watch the show but could never quite catch up with everything going on. With that being said, watching "Lost" frequently left me lost! But I'd love to see the perspectives of those who watch the show religiously and why it is they do.

Nisha said...

I know exactly how you feel about co-workers talking about Lost. I particularly don't get the show so I am very interested in what a fan says abut the show and how it plays in their pop culture. Also I am curious if they change the channel during commercials while watching the show.